California Wildfires: Public Adjuster Assistance for Homeowners
January 2018: We have teams in place in Santa Rosa, Napa, Ventura, and Los Angeles Counties. Call us today for a no-cost road map to recovery.
Consider what Anne Ashley, victim of the Pfeiffer wildfire, had to say:
As alumni of the Pfeiffer 2013 fire where we lost our then home, we want you to know what made a huge difference after the fact. There is a category of a public company called “Public Adjuster.” The good ones have LONG term histories of success. The insurance companies assign you an adjuster but THEY WORK FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY! Your public adjuster works for you and, without ours we never would have come out financially whole and that includes their fee, which is a % of what they get back for you. They are amazing, doggedly persistent and do not stop until the job is done…
Following the trauma of an evacuation, and the uncertainty of the condition of your home and possessions, comes the reality of the aftermath. Perhaps your home was spared total destruction, perhaps your home is full of smoke and ash or perhaps just your landscaping has been burnt away. Whatever the reality of the aftermath is, you now face the daunting task of putting together an insurance claim and negotiating with a professional adjuster representing an insurance company.
We at the Greenspan Company/Adjusters International have been helping firestorm victims put their lives back together starting with the 1991 Oakland Hills firestorm and every major firestorm to have hit the state since then, including, but not limited to:
- Big Sur
- Julian, Beach
- Oakland Hills
- San Diego
- Santa Barbara
- Yorba Linda
Our public adjusters can help
Our experts will accurately prepare a detailed claim taking into account the peculiarities of a wildfire loss.
- The intense radiant heat that may have compromised utility lines in the earth.
- The particulates of the smoke and ash which may cause serious health issues.
- The total destruction of your home and perhaps your entire neighborhood.
- Your home’s foundation may have been compromised or destroyed by the radiant heat.
- How long will it take to rebuild?
- Will competent trades people be available and at what premium?
- Am I covered for the increased cost of construction?
- Where will my family live while this process unfolds?
- What is the best way to maximize all aspects of my claim so I don’t “Leave money on the table?”
How much you know and understand affects your recovery. Download and review our Homeowner Claim Checklist.
Who we have helped
Whether you believe the insurance company is your friend or you realize that it is “just business,” it is your responsibility to present your claim to the insurance company and demand payment. We have always believed that letting the insurance company decide how much should be paid on a claim is the same as asking the IRS to prepare your tax return. However well-meaning and sympathetic an individual may be, they must perform their job at the level and manner decided by their superiors. The simple truth is that your interests and those of the insurance company are not aligned.
What to do after a loss
The loss you have recently suffered can be very draining. By immediately taking the proper actions, you have the power to minimize the disaster’s financial impact AND improve your recovery.
- Report your loss to your insurance company.
- Mitigate your loss and protect the property from further damage.
- Control access to the premises.
- Move quickly to save special property such as books, manuscripts, etc.
Additional Items to Consider Close
In a recent survey of residential claims where we were able to compare insurance companies’ original settlement amounts with our final settlement amounts, we found that the average increase was 88.8% greater than the original settlement. Our clients are almost unanimous in expressing that the fees paid for the services provided were among the best investments they had ever made.
Our focus during the recovery process is on your well-being. And it stays that way until everything is back in pre-firestorm condition. We have a long list of satisfied clients who put their trust in our expertise and who can attest to the fact that we stick by our core principles, the first of which is to always look out for our clients’ best interests. We are proud to put you in touch with our references. Chances are you will recognize many of them. Read what they wrote about us. After all, who really knows better than someone you know who has been through it before?
- We relieve the emotional burden of having to deal with an insurance company following an insured event.
- We generate a higher settlement.
- We handle all aspects of a claim while you focus on your family and/or business.
Resources and References:
- Wildfire References
- Wildfire Client Testimonials
- Wildfire Letters of Commendation
- Personal Property Primer Resource
Where are we located?
We currently have offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Irvine (Orange County), Sacramento, San Jose, San Diego, and Pleasanton, California; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Phoenix, Arizona, along with a focused presence in The Sierra Nevada and California’s Central and Imperial Valleys.