We currently have teams in place in Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico to assist with claims in excess of $1,000,000. Call us today.
Windstorm and Hurricane Damage – Commercial Insurance Claims
Since 1946, The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International has handled every major hurricane to hit the U.S., including hurricanes Katrina, Iniki, Andrew, Ike, Wilma and Hugo and Superstorm Sandy, in addition to numerous typhoons, tornadoes and microbursts.
…When our facilities were damaged by a tornado, we knew that our job was getting back to our business, and realized that the matter of preparing, filing and negotiating a claim of this magnitude with our insurer was going to be a monumental task…Now that the claim has been settled, I am convinced that the value we received from you was as you promised. …the impact of staff relocation, lack of resources, and countless other issues was felt in our revenues and profits. Your business interruption experts…provided exemplary service to us in dealing with a very complicated business interruption claim. We could never have accomplished this on our own. These experts brought us their knowledge of the insurance industry, experience with many types of business interruption claims, and a solid accounting background which ultimately led to an equitable settlement of our loss. Throughout the recovery and claim process, you and your staff maintained a pleasant and professional attitude. Your interaction with the insurer and its consultants was always constructive and I felt reassured in your representation of me and my company’s interests.
Vincent A. DiMeo, Manager, Financial Systems & Controls
Your building, business or manufacturing facility was just damaged or destroyed in a hurricane, typhoon, microburst, tornado or windstorm and you are wondering what to do next. Our experts know how to identify, document, and prove your commercial wind damage claim to the insurance company, so that you receive everything to which you are entitled under the terms of your policy.
Knowing everything you possibly can about the “fine print” of your commercial insurance policy before you have any substantive dialogue with your insurer is an absolute necessity. Know what you are covered for and how to claim it. What you say to your insurance company’s adjuster and how you say it can make a dramatic difference in how much you get paid. The more you know, the better the results.
Factors to Consider
When filing a windstorm insurance claim, there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration. To help you navigate the process, we have put together several talking points for you to review. Having a full understanding of each of the below bullet points is crucial to documenting, filing, and successfully settling your claim. If any of these questions give you pause, please feel free to reach out to us for a no-cost discussion about your claim.
- What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active or passive?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
- Forensic Deconstruction may be required in order to determine the possible structural damages caused by pressure vs. suction and differential pressure. (Wind flow on two opposite sides of any building components such as roofs, walls, structural beams etc., could deform or dislodge materials when differential pressure, the more severe of which tends to be outward forcing, exceeds the resistance capacities of the components and/or their connections to other parts of a building)
Additional Items to Consider Close
The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International Can Help
The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International’s team of public adjusters are experts in maximizing your business’ windstorm insurance claim. We will walk you through each step in the claims process and take care of the smallest details that go into filing the claim, from a thorough evaluation of your loss, to carefully researching, detailing and substantiating every aspect of your claim.
The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International works exclusively for you. As such, you are assured that the work we perform on your behalf is never influenced by the insurance company’s interests. We have a long list of satisfied clients who put their trust in our expertise and who can attest to the fact that we stick by our core principles, the first of which is to always look out for our clients’ best interests. We are proud to put you in touch with our references. Chances are you will recognize many of them. Read what they wrote about us. After all, who really knows better than someone who has been through it before?
Windstorm/Hurricane Client References
In addition to almost 5,000 references on our list, some well-known names for whom we handled complex windstorm claims are:
- Bank One Tower of Ft. Worth
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Best Western Hotels, Multiple Locations
- Boomtown Casino
- Buzz’s Steak & Lobster
- Casino Magic
- Clark Seafood Co.
- Clothestime, Inc.
- Coconut Marketplace
- Continental Airlines
- Days Inn, Multiple Locations
- Divi Resorts
- Dutch Inn Hotel & Casino
- The Fun Factory
- Genghis Khan Furniture / Charles Corn Furniture
- Gerber Childrenswear
- Greenwich Air Services
- Gulfstream Tomato Packers
- Hampton Inn, Multiple Locations
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute
- The Kalakaua Center
- LSG Sky Chefs / LSG Lufthansa Services
- Makai Club Cottages & Owners
- Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- City of New Orleans
- Port Authority of New Orleans
- State of New York
- Otis Spunkmeyer
- Pinnacle Entertainment
- Quality Fruit Packers of Indian River
- Sherwood Resort Guam
- Silver Vase
- SMH South Miami Hospital
- Suiza Dairy
- United Indian River Packers